80 travel Instagram captions and traveling quotes for Instagram
Do you love to post your travel photos on Instagram as we do? But what should you write in the caption? It’s not always easy to come up with inspiring or funny travel captions for Instagram. That’s why we collected the best Instagram travel quotes for you in this article.
Some may find travel quotes cheesy, but we totally love them! Instagram captions are important! So when you’re writing captions for traveling, you should try to be inspiring, captivating, funny, or motivational. And that’s exactly what these travel quotes for Instagram are.
In this list, you’ll find anything from short travel quotes for Instagram to funny vacation captions and cute travel captions for Instagram. Feel free to copy them and use them on your own account.
And as you probably know, words can be very powerful, but images even more. That’s why we’ve also combined our favorite travel captions for Insta with inspiring pictures of our travels.
I hope these travel quotes will inspire you to start or continue your adventure, will make you dream about destinations far away, and fuel your wanderlust. Let us spread the inspirational and motivational words of travel and life!!
Read more: 150 Instagram road trip quotes and captions
Our 20 Favourite travel captions for Instagram
1. We must adventure to know where we truly belong – Unknown
This is our all-time favorite caption for travel photos. On a small market in London, we suddenly bumped into a poster with this travel quote and now it’s hanging in our house. It’s exactly why we travel so much and explore the world!
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page – St. Augustine
Now, who only wants to read one page of a book? There’s so much to see out there, so much to explore!
3. Not all those who wander are lost – J. R. R. Tolkien
We’ve been traveling for years now, without and with our kids. So many people believe that we lost our way by not following the normal, regular life. But we are not lost. We choose this life and love it!
4. Take only memories, leave only footprints – Chief Seattle
Chief Seattle was a visionary… This travel quote is one of our short travel captions for Instagram. As we all know, our environment is under attack. We as a family try to live by this quote! We love to travel, but we must be conscious of its impact and what we leave behind.
5. I’ll look back on this and smile because it was life and I decided to live it – Unknown
Living your life can mean different things for different people. For us, it’s traveling the world, exploring new horizons, and having adventures together. We want to live our life the fullest, which often means making hard decisions and jumping into the unknown. But hopefully, we’ll be able to smile back at it!
6. Don’t call it a dream, call it a plan – Unknown
We had a dream of traveling full-time with our kids and made it come true. Once you realize the only thing holding you back from your dreams, is you, it is time to start planning.
7. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us – J. R. R. Tolkien
It seems J.R.R. Tolkien is one of my favorites as he has three wanderlust quotes for Instagram in my top 20! We’re the only ones in charge of our own lives, time to decide what to do with it!
8. Travelling, it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller – Ibn Battuta
We’ve been speechless many times during our travels. Either by Mother Nature or by the different cultures and friends we’ve met. And this blog is the proof of how it turns us into storytellers ;-).
9. Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell not stuff to show – Unknown
Another one of my favorite Instagram travel captions. Definitely, something we learned over the years. By embarking on a full-time travel adventure, we’ve had the chance to get rid of all our stuff which is actually liberating. We’ve learned over the years to appreciate our experiences and adventures above the things we own.
10. And I think to myself, what a wonderful world – Louis Armstrong
This is one of my favorite song quotes for Instagram! It’s just as simple as that and Louis Armstrong knew it. We are living in a wonderful world! All we have to do is go out and explore it!
11. Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s OK. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind – Anthony Bourdain
This travel quote tells it all. This is how travel feels to me. It’s not always pretty, but so worth it! You’ll never be the same again, there’s no way back. And hopefully, we leave something good behind.
12. We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us – Unknown
When we first told our friends and our family we were leaving for long-term travel, some of them reacted that we were running away from our lives at home. But that’s not true. We don’t go away because we don’t like it at home, we travel because we want to explore, be alive, and have adventures!
13. Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times – Asian Proverb
Nothing feels better than finally seeing that iconic landmark after hearing about it so many times! For us, there are so many reasons why we want to travel, but this is definitely one of them. It felt amazing to see the Sydney Harbour Bridge in Australia, Mount Cook in New Zealand, the Colosseum in Rome, El Capitan in Yosemite NP in the USA, and so many more…
14. Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world – Gustav Flaubert
Travelling makes you see things otherwise, makes everything more relative. You get to meet so many other people and cultures, see stunning nature and realize that you’re just a small part of this enormous breathtaking world. It’s one of those vacation captions for Instagram that has so much truth in it.
15. Live life with no excuses travel with no regret – Oscar Wilde
If you really want to travel, there’s no need to make up excuses! Just take the decisions necessary and go for it!
16. Travelling, it gives you a home in a thousand strange places, then leaves you a stranger in your own land. – Ibn Battuta
Travelling will definitely change you. When we came home after traveling for a year, it felt as if we were a guest in our own country. It feels good to be home, but you can feel how everything has stayed the same and you have changed.
17. Little by little, one travels far – J.R.R. Tolkien
This travel caption definitely deserves its place among the journey quotes for Instagram. Our first trips were close by, little baby steps in the traveling world. But once you’ve opened the door, you want to see more. And little by little you go further, travel longer, and look for more adventure.
18. If you never go, you will never know – Unknown
We meet a lot of people who say traveling in general, with kids or to a certain region is not for them. But first, go there, try it out end then say it’s nothing for you. I’m sure you’ll be surprised!
19. It’s a funny thing, coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same. Feels the same. Even smells the same. You realize what’s changed is you – F. Scott Fitzgerald
If you’ve ever been away for a long time, you know what this Instagram travel quote talks about. It’s one of my favorites as it expresses so well how we felt when we came home after traveling for a year.
20. And so the adventure begins… – Unknown
Maybe it’s not even a quote, but I still like it! It’s my favorite sentence every time I can use it! As it means we’ll be heading out for new adventures, explore another part of the world and feel alive!
Other travelling quotes for Instagram
21. Travel as much as you can, as far as you can, as long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place. – Unknown
22. Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time – unknown
23. I’d rather have a passport full of stamps than a house full of stuff – unknown
24. Travel, because money returns, time doesn’t – Unknown
25. A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving -Lao Tzu
26. Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey – Pat Conroy
27. To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries -Aldous Huxley
28. I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world – Mary Anne Radmacher
29. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by – Robert Frost
30. Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the trip – Babs Hoffman
31. If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and avoid the people, you might better stay at home – James Michener
32. Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going – Paul Theroux
33. Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled – Prophet Muhammad
34. Travelling is not something you’re good at, it’s something you do, like breathing – Gayle Foreman
35. I would rather own a little and see the world than own a world and see little of it – Alexander Sattler
36. It’s not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way – Penelope Riley
37. To travel is to live – Hans Christian Andersen
38. Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport – Unknown
39. Travel is never a matter of money but of courage – Paolo Coelho
40. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before – Dalai Lama
41. Oh the places you’ll go – Dr. Seuss
42. I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list – Susan Sontag
43. Travel is the only thing you buy, that makes you richer – Unknown
Best Adventure Travel Instagram Captions
44. Life was meant for good friends and great adventures – Unknown
45. Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain – Jack Kerouac
46. Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul – Jamie Lyn Beatty
47. Adventure Awaits. Go find it! – Unknown
48. If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventures should be top priority – Richard Branson
49. Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you – Ewan McGregor
50. We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open – Jawaharial Nehru
51. If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it’s lethal – Paul Coelho
Best Inspiring Travel Quotes and travel captions for Instagram
52. People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things –Edmund Hillary
53. Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire – Jennifer Lee
54. If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary – Jim Rohn
- 55. Don’t count the days, make the days count – Muhammad Ali
56. A mind that is stretched by a new experience, can never go back to its old dimensions – Oliver Wendell Holmes
57. Do not dare not to dare – C. S. Lewis
58. Fear is only temporary, regrets last forever – Unknown
59. The best view comes after the hardest climb – Unknown
60. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them – Walt Disney
61. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes – Marcel Proust
62. So much of who we are is where we have been – William Langwiesche
63. Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore – Andre Gide
Best Nature Instagram travel captions
64. There’s a pleasure in the pathless woods, there’s a rapture in the lonely shore, there is a society where none intrudes, by the deep sea and music in its roar. I love not man the less, but nature more. – Lord Byron
65. I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are – unknown
66. He walks through the forest, listening to the trees. He can hear their whispers in the rustle of their leaves. He lives upon the water in a boat he made from dreams, making music with his hands while the river sings. He’s in love with nature, he loves every living thing. And the earth, she loves his spirit, for he lets his soul roam free – Christy Ann Martine
Best Life Travel Quotes for Instagram
67. The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams – Oprah Winfrey
68. Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. Explore. Dream. Discover – Mark Twain
69. Life is a journey, not a destination – Ralph Waldo Emerson
70. If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet – Rachel Wolchin
71. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all – Helen Keller
72. And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
73. Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life – Dolly Parton
74. The best things in life are free – Unknown
75. Don’t wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect – Zoey Sayward
Best Family Travel Instagram captions
76. Listen to the mustn’ts, child. Listen to the don’ts. Listen to the shouldn’ts, the impossibles, the won’ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me… Anything can happen, child. Anything can be – Shel Silverstein
77. It doesn’t matter where you’re going, it’s who you have beside you – Unknown
78. Not all classrooms have four walls – Unknown
79. Learning is not so much the filling of a bucket, as it is the lighting of a fire – Unknown
80. we may not have it all together, but together we have it all – Unknown
Other articles you might find interesting
Save on Pinterest
Do you want to remember these travel captions for Instagram for later? Save and share it on Pinterest.